EFFECTIVE DATE: February 28, 2017
If you are registering for or participating in any of our promotions, sweepstakes, contests or other offers or opportunities, your participation is subject to any other rules and regulations applicable to such opportunity.
WHAT TYPES PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLET AND HOW IS IT USED?
In operating the Platform, we may collect a variety of user-submitted information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, user photos/images/likenesses, user name, password, mailing address, social security number, birthday, zip code, date of birth and other contact or identifying information or any other information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual's identity or permits a specific individual to be contacted physically or online (“Personal Information”). You may view the Site without registering or submitting any Personal Information, in which case we will be only collecting non-personal information (discussed below). We collect Personal Information in order to establish and authenticate user accounts, to facilitate certain features and transactions requested by you, provide you with Services, to identify users while accessing or using the Platform, to enable interactions between users and our partners and clients, and to send information and notices to our users regarding the Platform.
We collect Personal Information when:
- When You Sign up to Participate as an Influencer. If you sign up to participate in our creators network, we will collect Personal Information which may include your name, age, location, gender, contact details and social media handles, and in certain situations we may collect your social security number, address and other information required to facilitate payments to you.
- When you sign up for Newsletters or RSVP for Events. When you sign up to receive our newsletters or RSVP for events through the Platform, you may be required to provide Personal Information such as your name, location, age and email address.
- Friend Invites. If you choose to use any feature of the Platform that allows you to invite friends to the Platform, or any events that we are offering or promoting, we will automatically send email invitations to all friends for whom you provide an email address. Your friends may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove their email information from our databases.
- Location Based Information. Certain features of the Platform may include so-called “location-based services” that, for example, ask you to “check in” at a location or post or otherwise broadcast your location to other users of the Platform. If you choose to enable these location-based services and check in or otherwise identify your location to the Site and/or Services, then the location you provide may be collected and stored by us. Please be aware that if you have enabled location-based services and are posting content that includes location information, your location may be part of the information about you that is publicized to other users who may review that information.
We may use the Personal Information you provide to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, respond to requests, answer questions, resolve concerns, facilitate transactions, notify you of new products, releases, events, changes to our policies, and to solicit your feedback and input. We may also use your Personal Information to send you marketing materials or newsletters, to send you promotions for our products and services or third party products and services, to inform you about our products and services, and to send you other information related to the Platform (unless you opt out of receiving such communications). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to verify your identity, to check your qualifications, optimize or improve our products and services and operations, detect investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
WHAT NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
We collect anonymous information through your use of the Platform. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify and individual user. We additionally may aggregate information collected from users (which may be Personal Information and/or anonymous information) about groups or categories of users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user.
- Automatic Collection. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses and may also identify your computer and connection information, as well as information about your browser type and browser settings and (where possible) your geographic location. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Platform may also use clear gifs (also known as web beacons) and other methods to gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the Platform. We may also use clear gifs in email messages that we send to our users so that we can track which recipients have opened those messages.
- Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to and/or use of the Platform. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data capture mechanisms on the Platform other than cookies. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Platform are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience with the Platform may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- Links. We may keep track of how you interact with links across the Platform, including our email notifications, third-party services and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Platform, to provide more relevant advertising, track actions taken, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Third-Parties and Affiliates. We may have arrangements with third parties who provide or track usage, or who provide other services necessary for the operation of the Platform, such as Google Analyics, Facebook Pixel and Squarespace Analytics. These third-party services help us provide services available on or through the Platform, and to help us understand and improve the use of the Platform. These third-party service providers may collect information sent by you and/or your browser as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. These third-parties may share information with us, like a browser cookie ID, website URL visited, mobile device ID, links users clicked on, actions taken or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address or unique identifier numbers), to help us measure and tailor ads, to notify us if users have taken certain actions, and/or to facilitate transactions or requests.
WHEN CAN WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
You always have the option not to provide us with any Personal Information. Your decision not to do so, or any decision to unsubscribe as set forth herein, however, may limit your ability to access areas of the Platform. If you do elect to provide any Personal Information to us, then as long as you have not instructed us to remove your information from our database, we may share your Personal Information in the following situations:
· Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information when you consent, or when you tell us to do so. Please note that once we share your Personal Information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
Business and Marketing Partners. Because we sometimes work with businesses and individuals that we do not control, in some cases, you may be entering into correspondence or possibly transactions (that include the disclosure of your Personal Information) with one of these businesses or individuals. We may share your Personal Information with our business partners, clients, co-sponsors or other third parties so that they may contact you in order to facilitate requested and/or approved transactions (such as when a third party company is activating at an on campus event, or in connection with services being performed on as part of our creators network), and send you promotional materials or otherwise contact you regarding services that they offer. You will be notified any time a transaction involves a third party, and we will share your Personal Information with that third party as necessary to complete your transaction. When you choose to participate in any Game made available on or through the Platform, or RSVP to any of our events any Personal Information you provide in connection with your participation may be shared with any named co-sponsors, business partners or other third parties affiliated with such a Game or event. We do not sell Personal Information to any third party.
· Business Transfers. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell our company or portions of our company or sell or buy portions of other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Platform. If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information (collectively, “Non-Personal Information”) collected to analyze our Platform’s use. In addition, we may use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer and improve the Platform, to display content and advertisements according to your preferences, to facilitate transactions, to anonymously track how users are using the Platform, to improve our reporting and marketing systems, and may additionally use this information for any other purpose.
We may share or disclose any Non-Personal Information, such as the number of users who visited the Platform, clicked on a particular link (even if only one did), demographic data (such as zip codes, user ages and income information) with advertisers, business partners and other third parties.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, EDIT AND/OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take commercially appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alternation, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents and third party service providers who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve the Platform. These individuals and entities are bound by confidentiality obligations. This policy reflects the practices of any third party service providers that collect information on our behalf.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Platform cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site and the Services may contain third-party advertising and links to other websites (“Linked Sites”) who may collect and use your personal information and other non-personal information. If you choose to click on advertisements or visit Linked Sites, We encourage you to review the policies of any such third parties before disclosing your personal information, as we have no control over, and are not liable for, their privacy practices. In addition, in no event will we have any responsibility for the contents of those advertisements or Linked Sites, and you click on advertisements and visit Linked Sites entirely at your own risk.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
The Platform, and all of the information and services found on or available through the Platform, is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personally identifiable information without your consent please contact us at email@example.com . If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records immediately.
HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS?
NOTICE REGARDING INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Platform is hosted in, and is intended for users from, the United States. If you are using or accessing the Platform from regions with data collection and use laws that may differ from US. Law (such as, by way of example only, the European Union), then be advised that your personal information will be transferred to and stored in the United States, and by providing us with your personal information you are consenting to that transfer and storage.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California law, California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to a company may have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom that company had disclosed such information for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, along with a list of the categories of personal information that had been so disclosed. If you are a California resident who would like information on how to exercise your rights concerning third party disclosures, you may send an email to us or contact us via postal mail at:
RECESS Digital Inc
5 Rose Ave. #3,
Venice, CA 90291
Attn: California Privacy Rights Administrator
Opting out of company correspondence
Any user who wants to stop receiving our electronic newsletter or any offers or other correspondence from us may opt out of our email list at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions contained in any email you receive from us, or by sending an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postal mail: RECESS Digital Inc
5 Rose Ave #3
Los Angeles CA, 90291
UPDATES AND CHANGES
DISCLAIMER REGARDING CONTENTS
© Recess Digital, Inc. 2017