EFFECTIVE DATE: September 8, 2022
WHAT TYPES PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND WHEN IS IT COLLECTED?
In operating the Platform, we may collect a variety of user-submitted information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, user photos/images/likenesses, user names, passwords, mailing addresses, Tax ID numbers, and other contact or identifying information that can be used to specifically identify an individual (“Personal Information”). You may view the Site without registering or submitting any Personal Information, in which case we will be only collecting Non-Personal Information through the site (as defined below).
We collect Personal Information when:
- You Register or Create an Account. If you register and/or create a user account, we will collect Personal Information, which may include your and your supervisor, advisor’s (if applicable) name, location, email address, phone number, and/or company title.
- You Create an Event Listing or Post Sponsorship Opportunities. If you create an event listing or post a sponsorship opportunity on the Platform, we will collect Personal Information, which may include your location, photos, interests and other information.
- When You Participate in Surveys, Forums, and Write Reviews. If you participate in surveys, write reviews, participate in forums or otherwise communicate with us or other Users in public areas of the Platform, we will collect Personal Information, which may include your name, location and other information.
- When you sign up for Newsletters or RSVP for Events. When you sign up to receive our newsletters or RSVP for events through the Platform, you may be required to provide Personal Information such as your name, location, age and email address.
- Friend Invites. If you choose to use any feature of the Platform that allows you to invite friends to the Platform, or any events that we are offering or promoting, we may send email invitations to all friends for whom you provide an email address and we may disclose your name and e-mail address to the friend you invited for the purpose of notifying them who they were invited by. Your friends may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove their email information from our databases.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We collect Personal Information in order to establish and authenticate user accounts, to facilitate certain features and transactions requested by you, provide you with Services, to identify users while accessing or using the Platform, to enable interactions between users and our partners and clients, and to send information and notices to our users regarding the Platform.
We may use the Personal Information you provide to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, respond to requests, answer questions, resolve concerns, facilitate transactions, notify you of new products, releases, events, changes to our policies, and to solicit your feedback and input. We may also use your Personal Information, among other uses, to send you marketing materials or newsletters, to send you promotions for our products and services or third party products and services, including Promotional Offers, to inform you about our products and services, to inform you if you are the winner of a sweepstakes promotion, and to send you other information related to the Platform (unless you opt out of receiving such communications). In addition, we may use your Personal Information to verify your identity, to check your qualifications, optimize or improve our products and services and operations, detect investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
WHAT NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
We collect some anonymous information automatically whenever through your use of the Platform and interaction with emails. Anonymous information means information that does not directly identify an individual user. We additionally may aggregate information collected from users (which may be Personal Information and/or anonymous information) about groups or categories of users, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual user (collectively, “Non-Personal Information”). This Non-Personal Information includes log files (which include IP address, date/time of access, referring page URL and browser type) as well as information collected through tools that help us collect usage information and (where possible) your geographic location. We also may keep track of how you interact with links across the Platform and email notifications, third-party services and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. No Personal Information about you is revealed in this process.
“Cookies” are a standard feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to and/or use of the Platform.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience with the Platform may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
WHEN CAN WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
You always have the option not to provide us with any Personal Information. Your decision not to do so, or any decision to unsubscribe as set forth herein, however, may limit your ability to access areas of the Platform. If you do elect to provide any Personal Information to us, then as long as you have not instructed us to remove your information from our database, your Personal Information may be shared in the following situations:
- Your Consent. We may share or disclose your Personal Information when you consent, or when you tell us to do so. Please note that once we share your Personal Information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- To Facilitate Transactions. To help facilitate transactions or other interactions between Users, we share certain Personal Information as necessary to complete the transaction or other interaction. When you, as a Sponsor, submit an offer, certain information is shared with the Event Organizer, including your company name and the terms of the offer. When a sponsorship is confirmed, we will disclose additional information, both to the Event Organizer and the Sponsor, to assist with the advancing of the sponsorship, including the Sponsor’s and Event Organizer’s contact information.
- Event Listings, Sponsorship Opportunities and other public information. The Platform may allow you to publish information, including Personal Information, which is visible to other Users and/or the general public. Please note that the following information, if submitted, will be visible to other Users and/or the general public:
- Information submitted when creating an Event Listing such as the Event description, photos, interests, event location and other information you choose to share. Please note that based on our legitimate interest to promote the Platform, we may display parts of the Platform, which may include Event Listing pages, in advertisements on third party sites and we may share Event Listings directly with potential sponsors.
- Ratings, survey responses, reviews, experiences with events, and any content or information submitted in a discussion, forum or similar feature of the Platform. Please note that any of this content and/or information, if submitted, is public, and we may share this content and/or information with any third party.
- Business Transfers. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell our company or portions of our company or sell or buy portions of other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Platform. If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, your Personal Information may be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING AND CROSS-DEVICE MATCHING
Interest-Based Advertising. We may work with clients and third parties, including social media sites as described below, who collect information using tracking technologies across time and across their own or unaffiliated websites, mobile applications or online service so that they may, whether themselves or through our Services: (i) determine whether you have seen their advertisements; (ii) perform additional analytics; or (iii) serve you with relevant advertisements based on inferences or information drawn from your online actions. These uses of your information are sometimes called “interest-based advertising,” “online behavioral advertising” or “targeted advertising.”
WHAT DO WE DO WITH NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may share or disclose any Non-Personal Information, such as the number of users who visited the Platform, clicked on a particular link (even if only one did), demographic data (such as zip codes, user ages and income information) with advertisers, business partners and other third parties. We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, EDIT AND/OR REMOVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take commercially appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alternation, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents and third party service providers who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, improve the Platform, or provided associated services such as advertising or marketing services. These individuals and entities are bound by their own confidentiality and security obligations.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through the Platform cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site and the Services may contain third-party advertising and links to other websites (“Linked Sites”) who may collect and use your Personal Information and other Non-Personal Information. If you choose to click on advertisements or visit Linked Sites, we encourage you to review the policies of any such third parties before disclosing your Personal Information, as we have no control over, and are not liable for, their privacy practices. In addition, in no event will we have any responsibility for the contents of those advertisements or Linked Sites, and you click on advertisements and visit Linked Sites entirely at your own risk.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
The Platform, and all of the information and services found on or available through the Platform, is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records immediately.
HOW WE RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS?
We currently do not respond to Do Not Track signals sent by browsers.
NOTICE REGARDING INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Platform is hosted in, and is intended for users from, the United States. If you are using or accessing the Platform from regions with data collection and use laws that may differ from US. Law (such as, by way of example only, the European Union), then be advised that your Personal Information will be transferred to and stored in the United States, and by providing us with your Personal Information you are consenting to that transfer and storage.
CALIFORNIA “SHINE THE LIGHT”
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light”), California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (a) a list of the categories of Personal Information, as defined under Shine the Light, such as name, email address, and mailing address, and the type of services provided to the customer that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want your Personal Information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at email@example.com or by contacting us via postal mail at:
Recess Digital Inc
578 Washington Blvd #661
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
Attn: California Privacy Rights Administrator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request that we do not sell your covered information (as those terms are defined in N.R.S. 603A) that we have collected, or may collect, from you. We do not sell your covered information, however, if you would like to make such a request you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
Any user who wants to stop receiving our electronic newsletter or any offers or other correspondence from us may opt out of our email list at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions contained in any email you receive from us, or by sending an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have provided your mobile telephone number in connection with a Promotional Offer and no longer want to receive SMS text messages from us or our SMS text service provider, please reply “STOP” to any SMS text message that you receive from us or our service provider in connection with the Promotional Offer.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer (or mobile device) or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. In addition, you may restrict the placement of cookies or opt out of Interest-Based Advertising (whether targeted through cookies, beacons, or other tracking technologies) that is served through a web browser (including a mobile web browser) by setting a cookie which tells our systems to ignore you and not display targeted ads.
The online advertising industry provides a service through which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from certain data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can opt out of targeted advertising from certain providers that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) program at www.aboutads.info/consumers Other providers are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, and you can opt out of interest-based advertising by those members by visiting http://optout.networkadvertising.org. Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see generic advertising that is not tailored to your specific interests and activities.
To be clear, the opt-out must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. For example, if you have opted out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device. However, once you have opted out on one device (“Opted-Out Device”) we will not use any new data from the Opted-Out Device to identify you on another device for interest-based advertising purposes and we will not use data from another device for interest-based advertising purposes on the Opted-Out Device.
Please note that by opting out, you will continue to see generic advertising that is not tailored to your specific interests and activities. If you choose to opt out using our opt-out tool, we will add a cookie to your browser identifying it as an opted-out browser. Once you have elected to opt-out and our system has refreshed (which may take up to twenty-four hours), our advertising system will not collect or use any behavioral data associated with your browser for targeted advertising services for so long as our opt-out cookie remains in place.
Mobile application — user opt-out. We remind you that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may download and use the DAA’s AppChoices mobile app on your iOS or Android device in order to opt out of our interest-based advertising on mobile applications. Links to this application are below:
Alternatively, application users may reset advertising identifiers or opt out of certain mobile ads via their device. To learn how to limit ad tracking or to reset the advertising identifier on your iOS and Android device, click on the following links: ul li a href="https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074" target="_blank" iOS li a href="https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en" target="_blank" Android
Recess Digital Inc.,
578 Washington Blvd #661
Marina del Rey, CA 90292
UPDATES AND CHANGES
DISCLAIMER REGARDING CONTENTS